Sunday, January 31, 2010

Texture

My computer is having issues. I was in the middle of the greatest blog post ever when suddenly it began to complain of having a belly ache. And then it stopped. Just up and stopped, I tell you, while I was searching for new and interesting photographs for today's Sunday Stills challenge.

I shut it down and let it reboot, only to have it tell me it was infected, and something about spyware and if I continued I'd be at risk. Like any good mother, I called the computer doctor who said to put it to bed until he could see it the next day. (This particular doctor happens to live here, so yes, I get service on Sundays.)

In the meantime...what to do? Oh, yes, City Boy purchased a cute little red lap top for me about a month ago. I'd yet to pick it up and use it, but no time like the present, eh? After all, my house is sparkling clean so what else have I got to do? (BTW, I've got this lovely bridge for sale...)

Photobucket

You, however, may be more interested in today's challenge than all that other nonsense. Today's word is Texture, and who doesn't love the texture of a good pair of blue jeans? Faded and worn to perfection, there's nothing I'd rather pull on in the morning. Just wish mine looked as good as Darling's!


Here's a texture I love...though I'm not fond of feeling it up against my skin. It's great, however, for my horse's feet!

Photobucket

The drive through Brothers, Oregon, will bring you past this old building. I wonder what's on the other side of that door?

Photobucket

No selection of texture photos would be complete without the snarly mess of mane sported by our lovely Wadatika. Unfortunately, those are all on the sickly computer, so you'll just have to settle for what I could pull up from Photobucket this morning. A soft eye, a silky forelock, and a fuzzy coat. She's still the grand finale!

9 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Very nice. Especially like the jeans and the rock pile with the front end loader.

Shirley said...

I think you'll have fun with your laptop once you get used to it. I keep stealing Ted's -guess I'll have to get my own!
Love Wadatika's fuzzy self!

Anonymous said...

I love the old door, and the feel of really soft jeans!

Rising Rainbow said...

Sorry to hear you 'puter is ill. Great you have a back-up.

I'm right there you on the jeans. My favorite thing to wear even though the view is not what it used to be. LOL

Anonymous said...

oh no! computers can be frustrating at times

the jeans shot is really good, so crisp

gtyyup said...

Ahhhh Tracey...every time I drive through Brothers, I always look at the building...it has character...nice capture!

Really a nice collection today!

So, how did you like the lap-top? I want one...

Linda said...

Great job! I'm partial to the jean shot too!

Carolyn Ford said...

Those are excellent! I like the jeans...since I try to live in them.HA! The old door is so good...

CTG Ponies said...

Excellent pics!