Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Who's the Boss?

I have a stick. It has a fork.


Okay, so I've been worried about the poll, and I tend to move slow and take my time, when perhaps I ought to be pushing harder. Today I decided to push.

But not hard.

I had the camera out with me and was more concerned about getting a few pictures of my attempt at getting a rope halter fashioned out of my lariat and then onto her face. I'd been watching the video of Kitty and Ranger and thought that with Firecracker being so protective, perhaps getting a halter on that way would work for us. So pictures I did take.

The beginnings of my rope halter ala lariat style.

Then I started thinking that she was turning away from me too much, giving me too much disrespect. She wasn't acting like this before, and injury or not, this had to stop. Since she's not prone to kicking, I became prone to jabbing the long, forked end of a stick in her hiney when I found it swinging my way. At first she wasn't sure what to think, but a couple of sharp pokes and her head swung around towards me and she even took a step in.

Of course, I was still trying to figure out how to get that rope around her neck in a smooth, fluid movement, and with my mind as one tracked as it is, I probably spent too much time with that and not enough realizing that I had a horse was starting to respond. But hey, I got good pics for you of the rope!

Cool rope, don't you think?

Let's just say that tomorrow I'm going out there and I'm going to be a bit pushier than I have been recently. Darling is in school, City Boy will be at work, and I'll have the day to get some horsing around done. Hope Firecracker is ready!

No comments: