Sunday, December 27, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a Pink Christmas...

Best Christmas Gift Ever. Hands Down. A pair of pink rubber boots that cost about $10. City Boy bought them for me when he was unemployed. Not expensive or fancy, but the color had me laughing the moment I pulled them out of their box. I loved them and wore them to the grocery store that very morning.

There's something about the color pink that just puts a smile on faces. Take Darling, for instance. Sure, she's dressed in holiday red, but ask her what her favorite gift was and she'll tell you, it was the pink saddle pad that her grandmother gave her. Never mind that she's riding a gelding...he's just going to have to get tough enough!

Photobucket

Thing Two stripped herself of her red Christmas dress the moment she arrived to clad herself in pink.

Photobucket

Thing One managed to keep her holiday dress on, but played with a pink sock monkey.

Photobucket

Well, she played with it for at least a little while before deserting it on the living room floor. Dead sock monkeys aren't much fun, you know...

Photobucket

Of course, my favorite gift of the day wasn't pink...

Photobucket

...but I'm going to have to lose a little of my pink muffin top in order to truly enjoy it!

Hope y'all had a fantastic Christmas. I've had a nasty cold (held at bay by some wonderful drugs) that has left me with plugged ears and supreme lack of energy the past week. However, I feel a bit more energetic this morning and am hopeful that I will be back to normal soon.

Stay tuned, as I'm heading up on my 3 year bloggiversary soon! Wonderful prizes could be headed your way!

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Happy faces and pink- a winning combination! Such cute little girls. Nice buckle. I'm sure you'll wear it proudly!

PaintCrazy said...

How funny - I JUST finished a pink on pink on pink scrap book page of Equestrian Girl when I clicked open your blog to find...more pink!!

If Steve Holt! is anything like our Stanley he won't mind the pink a bit. Ok, he wasn't crazy about the pink and white head/neck sleazy but I'm not sure that really had anything to do with the color!

Sorry to hear about your cold...seems everyone I know had some sort of sickness before or during Christmas.

wilsonc said...

Glad to see you had such a wonderful Christmas. Love the belt buckle! Sorry to see you've been feeling under the weather, but I am sure you will be in the "pink" again very soon.

cdncowgirl said...

Merry Christmas!!

Its not the cost of the presents, its the thought behind them. City Boy did good getting you those pink boots!

My (non horsey) sister would disagree about Steve Holt! wearing that pink pad though, she thinks its demeaning to my geldings that I even consider buying a headstall with crystals... and they were just plain clear crystals.
She just doesn't get it lol


Nice buckle, can't wait to see a pic of you wearing it.

Pony Girl said...

LOVE the pink saddle pad, and the new belt buckle! Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather, a lot of people around me have it, too! I hope I can manage to avoid it! Happy new year to you and yours!!

phaedra96 said...

Poor sock monkey! Hope her mommy found her again! Poor you. I hate feeling crappy and listless. So much needs doing and all I want to do is crawl back under my rock. Feel better soon!!!