Monday, April 14, 2008

April 15 Deadline

If you're sitting on the fence and unsure if you should enter the Extreme Mustang Makeover...better climb off onto one side of the other pretty quick! The deadline for entering is Tuesday, April 15. Take a deep breath, say a prayer, and get those applications in!

The weather has been unbeatable these past few days! Sunshine and pleastantly warm. Sandy is beginning to shed out those big clumps of matted hair and before long will look like a real horse.

Today I saddled him up. Curt felt well enough to come out and watch me work with him for the first time. It was great to have him there to point out what I could be doing differently to help soften Sandy up. By the end of 30 minutes he was trotting softly in small circles around me, both left and right, coming to me and then easily being sent off in the opposite direction. We ended with him being bitted and tying his face first to the left, then to the right. Curt was impressed with how quickly he caught on to bending, never fought, and how when he turned he even had a cross over with those front legs.

That's where we ended it today. I didn't have much time to spend, but tomorrow will be there longer.

3 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Wow, that's great progress with Sandy. I'm glad that Curt has the time to help you. That's pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like having a little guidance. Sounds like a great work session. You must be having fun and I know you have so much to be proud of.

Callie said...

Awesome job! And he sure is handsome!