Friday, December 10, 2010

Alright Already!

Photobucket

Where, oh where, has the time gone? Into a black hole known as the Quarter Horse Zone, that's where! One must be careful when trodding through QHZ, because once you're there? It's hard to find your way back to the Mustang Diaries.

Yesterday morning, City Boy said to me, "You know, you've not posted to your blog in a long time. How am I supposed to know what you're doing, if you're not posting?"

Later in the day I received a phone call from my mother with virtually the same message, "Hey, are you alive or dead?"

Okay, so I'm alive. And thanks to family, back on track.

Photobucket

Among the things I've been busy doing these past couple of weeks is helping Curt build his saddle shop. He's had his machines in the garage of a client, but has decided to move everything home where it will be closer and easier for him to work. There had been a viewing room built into the barn above stalls, but it hadn't ever been completed. Three windows looked out over the arena, but it was cold and dark and certainly quite dusty with no glass in place.

Last week he and I went to the lumber store and picked up the wood he'd need to start framing. Two windows were blocked, while the middle one was cut to a larger size to fit the windows being donated by a friend. Styrofoam insulation has been cut and put into place. We looked like a snow storm had blown in by the time we were finished. Actually...by the time ten minutes were up we were pretty much covered with the stuff.

Yesterday the wood was placed on the ceiling. Today? The walls will start going up. Walls, as in, the part that covers the insulation, because obviously there are already walls. I'm sure there are technical terms for all of this, but do I know what they are? Nope. And Curt just rolls his eyes at me and hollers 'No, the other side, the other side, the other other side! Sheesh, I'll never make a carpenter's apprentice out of you!'

Come to think of it, I've not even been in the QHZ this past week. I need to ride!

7 comments:

FZA said...

tika zone!

Linda said...

Sometimes you've just got to live and let the blogs be--but nice to see you're still alive. ;)

Tracey said...

Tika zone...indeed!

Shirley said...

Hey, there you are! You wouldn't happen to be going to Spokane on the 23rd would you? I have to pick my daughter up at the airport at 10 PM that day.

Tracey said...

Nope, sorry Shirley...no chance of at 8 hour drive to Spokane that late. Maybe she ought to take a flight into Bellingham?

City Boy said...

So that's what you have been up to.

Crystal said...

Glad you are back! But sounds like you have been busy which is fun too!