Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fun in the Sun

The sun was shining the other day, so Darling agreed to a photo shoot with Steve Holt!. I'm rather happy with the results, though the sun was somewhat bright.

Photobucket

Normally, for you new readers, Darling does not ride in a dress. When I sent a copy of one of the photos to a friend, her remark was "She looks cute, but don't put that online..." She was concerned people would think my kid goes riding in dresses. I, personally, am not bothered by someone riding in a dress...but if you happen to be someone who is, rest assured this was simply a matter of getting a cute photograph. Or two. Or three. Did we succeed?

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love that his brand is so bright and vibrant here!

Darling wasn't about to waste the day in a dress. She had other fish to fry on a sun shiny day and got Steve Holt! all tacked up for a romp in the pasture.

Photobucket

And of course...we may as well spread our wings and fly the friendly skies while we're at it!

Photobucket


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Nice that he's up for a bit of jumping.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!

Jeni said...

I'm chuckling at the riding in the dress part... what about those wellies??? Should have told the emailer that typically the horse wears the dress...

Darling and Steve Holt are a beautiful pair!

wilsonc said...

I especially love the first one and the way Darling is outlined by the light. Good job!

jane augenstein said...

Tracey, wow, gorgeous photo shoot!! That Steve Holt! is one beautiful boy and Darling is a cutie!! :-D
Riding in a dress? So what? I'd say any ride on a horse is a great ride, what does it matter what the clothing is? Heck I ride my dressage saddle on Gil in jeans, cowboy boots and an Aussie hat, how's that for a combo? LOL
Love all you photos, always a pleasure to see!

FZA said...

Love the second photo-- great shots.

Steve Holt! seems to be turning into quite a nice little jumper. And it's a good shot to Show case Darling's position too!

Crystal said...

those are cute, I cant imagine riding in a dress, but sure makes for good pictures!

allhorsestuff said...

Too cute! Nice photo op and that Steve Holt! He is so Gorgeous!! He is nicely filled out from last years challenge.
KK

GunDiva said...

These are great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

Definitely succeeded! Such great pics! Love the boots with the dress. I once saw a really pretty photo of a gal I know on her horse in a long dress with bare feet. Practical? No. Beautiful for a photo shoot? YES! Great jumping pic too!

Leah Fry said...

Beautiful shots. If it didn't literally rub me the wrong way, I'd wear shorts. It's hot out there!

Shirley said...

All lovely shots. I got married on horseback, riding a white horse and wearing a dark red dress. Steve Holt! looks like he enjoys jumping. Is Darling going to show him this year?

CTG Ponies said...

I think she looks great!!