Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Beautiful Wadatika

She simply could not be any more beautiful if she tried. Those eyes are just to die for. And you must admit, there's just something about a red head! (Might be why I'm always trying to be one, eh?)


I've not written too much about Tika here, but allow me to point out the accomplishments of this sensitive girl. First, she's sporting a different halter than before. Indeed, she allows you to handle her face, including her ears. Which is good, because that makes it much easier to bridle a horse if you can touch their head and ears without sending them into orbit. As you can see, Tika was none to thrilled with the snaffle in her mouth, but like all horses, after a bit of mouthing she rather forgot about it.


It had been a couple of weeks since I'd brought the saddle blanket out. Tika finds it an odd thing to be wearing...but then again, what haven't I dressed her in that doesn't seem odd to a wild horse?


About the only thing really wrong with this girl is the fact that she's still wearing her BLM neck tag. Why is that? Am I the only one to see the diamond in the rough?

12 comments:

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

She definitely is a gorgeous girl. What a beauty.

jane augenstein said...

Beautiful, beautiful!!!

wilsonc said...

Beautiful girl. Is she yours?

wilddunz said...

Does she have to wear the number tag until she's adopted? :-( That sucks. The EMMers got to take theirs off??

She's so pretty--just post that first picture around and you'll have a line out the door for her :-)

If I lived anywhere near you, I'd have my pasture filled already, oh wait--it already is--oops!

Tracey said...

Jane and Heart, thank you.

Wilson, no, she is not mine. She's available for adoption, though...hint hint!

Wilddunz, she doesn't have to wear it, but I do tend to leave them on so the adopter can take it off...sort of a symbol of freedom. And I'd love to fill your pastures a wee bit more!

Linda said...

Yes, you usually don't see a bridle on a Mustang AND it's original tag--which makes a very interesting picture.

She has a big, round, soft eye--someone would be lucky to get her.

cdncowgirl said...

She has such a lovely eye, like a puddle of melting chocolate... good thing I'm not in your area, I'm maxed out (for now)

Pony Girl said...

Wow, she is a beauty. My Boy would like her as a girlfriend, I'm sure. Don't get any ideas, LOL! ;)
Great pics Tracey, I don't say it often enough, but you are a wonderful photographer!!

Anonymous said...

What a soft and willing eye!

Paint Girl said...

Tika is really beautiful, and that eye is to die for. I hope she finds her forever home!

Dusty Devoe said...

Absolutly beautiful!

Tracey said...

Mmmm...a puddle of melting chocolate! Must be why I'm so enamored with her, lol!

Pony, what ideas would you be talking about? (Come over to the wild side, my dear...) And thanks for the kind words on the photos. You know, all I do is point, shoot and photoshop!

Enlightened, I agree...that eye shows her willingness to be part of our lives.

Paint & Dusty, I'll let you know you think she's beautiful (although I suspect she already knows...) And Dusty...when will you be riding the brand???