Saturday, November 29, 2008

The To Do List...

Click to Mix and Solve
Boots & Spurs, taken at the
Western States Mustang Challenge

Four more sleeps and we're off on another adventure. I had to count that on my fingers...am I pathetic, or what?

I'm not ready. Not in the least. I need to get the panels set up again inside the paddock. I need to pick up bedding and hay.

I had someone call and leave a message on Wednesday asking to have their windows painted for Christmas; I need to call them back and get out to paint before leaving. How's that for cutting it close?

I have a couple of Hags on Stangs shirts that need to be printed up.

I need to make soap. Yes, 2 batches at the very least. Or one large batch with two fragrances (which is likely what I'll end up doing.) I ought to make some lotion while I'm at it.

And Cowboy Kisses! Simply cannot forget to bring along the lip balm featuring my favorite cowboy from Burns...people will be expecting it!

I've got to write Darling a note to get out of class.

Don't let me forget to pack...okay? I've been known to forget the little details like that in the past...

But most importantly...I need to remember to pray for God's blessing on this little journey.

10 comments:

froglander said...

Let's see, my to-do list includes getting my shelter finished (brother hasn't made it back since we set the posts) and spreading gravel out and getting hay and .... eek!

Don't forget camera and laptop either! Oh, and cell phone charger. Ack, off to work for me :)

Tracey said...

Oh, yeah...cell phone and charger! And battery charger for the camera...

The list just keeps growing. You'd think it would shrink the closer we get to take off :)

City Boy said...

Or you could leave a note of just how you need the stall set up for Cityboy to take care of when your gone. (Was that my outside voice!)

Anonymous said...

lol at City Boy :o)

Tracey you are in my thoughts and prayers during your journey. I hope everything goes well for you on your trip.

Cave BlackFyre said...

Hmmmmmm Don't forget to jot notes so you can write a STORY about this for potential use in the magazine in the future Tracey, heheheeh...

Tell City Boy not to worry, I pull stuff like that with Rocketman too, it's a horse husband thing... They get the Hunny MUST do PLEASE list all the time, heheh,.

Lea and her Mustangs said...

Please be sure to give my good friend Andy a big hug for me. Tom too. And I will be praying for you. Don't you dare forget the charger for you camera battery. I wish I was going with you.

Pony Girl said...

Have a great journey! Can't wait to hear and read all about it!!

froglander said...

I have no idea what he means by "ramp horses" but Tom Duke says that the new horses are about halfway processed and the ones that are processed are available, the ones that aren't, aren't. He didn't really say whether the Jackies/Beatys/Murderes Creek horses were still there or not. (I had sent an email there before I'd thought to send one to you asking).

So, there will be something there I'm sure :)

Tracey said...

Cool beans!

gtyyup said...

What day & time are you arriving in Burns? Where are you staying?

We'll be seein' ya soon!