Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Quick Note

...and HUGE Thank You to Pioneer Ford who has once again come through with a truck for me!

On our way home earlier this week, Brown Betty had a few minor issues. Darling and I are headed out of here in just a few minutes for the Pasco adoption and City Boy wasn't sure we ought to be driving Betty, so Pioneer Ford stepped up to the plate once again so that we could get over the pass and pick up two new horses.

What's that, you say? We're bringing home a yearling and two year old for some gentling and will be adopting them out in August at the Northwest Washington Fair. Darling will be working on gentling one of them, most likely the yearling, and promoting adoption to the 4-H crowd. Adoptions in WA so far this year have been dismal, to say the least, and we hope to highlight just how wonderful our Living Legends are.

Pioneer Ford isn't the only one that needs a big round of applause here. Brim Tractor sold me the Silverlite Trailer yesterday below cost!!! Now tell me, just how incredibly cool are those folks???

I'll be back early next week; not sure I'll have internet connection (wireless) or the time to be updating during the adoption this weekend. Y'all take care and see you in a few days!

Oh...Sandy is doing well. There's a little stumble in the hind end from time to time that I'll need to have checked before long if it doesn't stop on it's own. I've done some light riding the past three days just to keep him tuned up a bit. He looks good on the lunge line and seems willing enough to work, so that's a good thing :)

No comments: