Friday, October 12, 2007

Saddles, Riding and Rescues



I've only been whining all over the internet these past couple of days about not having a saddle that fits. The one I've got I purchased at a yard sale years ago. Nothing fancy, it held me on and that's about it. Perfect for training with, but with my weight in it, it doesn't fit Jet in the least.

So saddle shopping I've been.

Last night City Boy hollered from the other room to come and look at something. An ad had just been placed on CL for a Billy Cook. A wee bit more than I'd wanted to spend, but it was a brand that I liked, so I called and today I get to go look at it. Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me!

I rode Jet around the pasture the other night for about ten minutes. Sure wish there was someone nearby that I could to riding with; I'd take her out to the tree farm right now for a ride. The pasture is slick, so I don't really want to do much in it. Maybe I should call Cheryle and see if she'll let me use her arena for a month (never heard back from the about using theirs.) It won't take much to get her beautiful mind ready for short rides.

Darling helped me out a bit last night with some fun stuff on Photoshop. What do you think? I've been trying to come up with a logo or something for T-shirts for the rescue.



2 comments:

Pony Tail Club said...

I think it's a really cute picture for t-shirts!

Rising Rainbow said...

Ya, it looks good to me. Good luck with your saddle shopping. Finding one to fit your horse can be a real chore.