Monday, June 11, 2007

The halter is off

I noticed that Jet had an ouchie spot where her halter had been rubbing. It was a bit small for her long face, and seeing how she's so easy to catch (she catches me, really) I opted to take it off.




An hour later I heard the dog doing her 'danger!' bark, so poked my head out to see what the ruckus was about. I heard a horrible noise, wasn't sure what it was at first, then spotted Jet out in the pasture with Quiet Storm. The two of them were doing the squealy mare dance, kicking and sounding like they were dying.




By the time I got my boots on, they'd taken off down to the end of the pasture. Upon seeing me, Jet came racing back, for which I was enormously thankful. Sadly, I was so concerned about catching her up I didn't allow myself to fully take in how beautifully she was moving. Floating, really, and it flitted across my mind that she had a trot like a Friesian horse; just so big and upright and bold... And before long she was standing beside me like she'd been born in captivity and never knew anything but trotting back and forth inside my little four foot fences.



Wish I had some photos, but I didn't take any at the time, nor did I think to get some of her pretty face without her old halter. Perhaps tomorrow!


4 comments:

photogchic said...

Gone one week and I missed a ton! Congrats on the new addition...very striking. Look forward to hearing about all your new adventures together.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'll be back!

Rising Rainbow said...

Congratulations. Going without a halter in just your first week, how cool is that.

Pony Tail Club said...

That's such a pretty description of Jet trotting over to you. I can see it in my mind!