Sunday, April 4, 2010

Then Sings My Soul

Photobucket

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.


Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
let this blest assurance control,
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and hath shed his own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,

And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
even so, it is well with my soul.
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, O my soul!

Please take the time to view the video, which tells the story behind the song.
I hope it inspires you and lifts you up this Easter.



4 comments:

Shirley said...

Beautiful, Tracey, thanks for sharing that. It reminds me of my mom's poem on the sidebar of my blog; she suffered a lot and always looked to God and found her happiness there. A blessed Easter to you.
I talked to Ted, and we are planning on the last week of June for our holiday; by then pups will be weaned and at their new homes, and the colt will be a couple of months old, I just need to find a critter-sitter!

Anonymous said...

lovely Easter thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I love this hymn. Thank you so much for sharing your faith, and your talent. God Bless.

Catherine said...

This is my all time favorite hymn, Tracey. I'd heard the background story before--it is incredible--but thanks for sharing. Grateful for Jesus this Easter season.