Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Have you Forgotten Me?

Poor Jet.

Poor, neglected Jet. She stands day after day in the field, flirting with the stallion wanna be (and never getting any action), or watching with a woeful eye as I spend my days with Firecracker. Jet wants, and desperately needs, attention.

Which is why I brought out the bridle the other day. I tend to like my bosal best, but figured she could stand around with a bit in her mouth for a few minutes while I did some cleaning and mucking out of stalls.


Doesn't she look happy? Seems this was not what Jet had in mind as a fun afternoon.

Darling noticed the other day that her new horse was short.

"She's short, Mom."

"Yes, I know."

This, of course, is why she sold Quiet Storm. And now she still had a small horse. A great deal more talented in terms of athletic ability, but of course that's not what Darling sees at this point.

"You wanna trade?" I asked her.

"Really? You don't want Jet?" Her little eyes lit up, and before long she was out grooming her new black horse and leading her around out in the driveway. Jet will definitely be tall enough for Darling's long legs. She's also just light enough for Darling to learn to ride, but not flighty enough (or bucky) to get all stupid. I'll need to put a few miles on her, of course, before I can send Darling riding off into the sunset, but I think they'll be a good match.




Sponsor me in the Mustang Makeover!

http://Desperate-Horsewife.blogspot.com

Join the Hay Burner's Club and donate $15 towards Sandy's upkeep and I'll send you a 5x7 photo (once the horse is here, of course.) Or buy advertising space in the form of a button.

4 comments:

Callie said...

If that isn't a pity me face, I don't what is....LOL

20 meter circle of life said...

I am going to put you in my favorite things list!! I grew up at the base of the Steens Mountains and watched the Kigers my entire childhood. They are amazing. I know I am very lucky to have had this as child. In fact when I bought Abu I was looking for a Kiger, but the Gray Horse was my forever horse and we both knew it the first time I rode him, as it turns out I was the first person to ever ride him...Kinda wish the previous owner would have clued me in on that before I hopped on. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, 20 meter...it's those little details that really matter, isn't it? Must have been grand to grow up among the wild ones.

Callie, yes, it's a pity me, pitiful face!

Rising Rainbow said...

I know that face. I've seen it on a horse at my place. Been letting him hang out wearing that thing too. He is just about as impressed as Jet. lol

You traded Jet for Fire Cracker. I guess it doesn't matter which is yours, since you are always doing the hard parts on both anyway. LOL