Tuesday, April 21, 2009

She's the Mother I Never Had...

Someday Darling will be saying that about Froglander, mark my words!

Saturday Darling and Sandy headed out to their second horse show, but this time she was riding English. And cantering! I made her do walk trot classes at the last show, and she hadn't been happy. Since there weren't any at this show, it was walk, trot, canter for the two of them, and Darling was delighted!


Froglander brought up a headstall for Sandy to use as the cavesson on the one Darling had purchased second hand was a bit small on Sandy's noble face. Frog's fit, but just barely. Sandy is very noble, you know!



Just a few white hairs were showing through his winter coat, so I worked on his neck until his brand was visible. Not bold and stand out, but enough that you could see it. We have a saying around here: Not afraid to ride the brand!



Isn't she beautiful?!

Darling had four classes, including bareback! I bit my fingernails. I didn't want her to do it, but she's a gutsy little kid. Invincible at this age, aren't they? And she did fine, although she said she got tired of posting without the help of stirrups. She even won her Green Horse English Pleasure class!



I'd have posted all of this for you yesterday, but our internet was down. When I called I was told the problem was definitely at their end, and 'the technicians are working on it...it's taking awhile because of...um...the weather?' And that I could believe, because the sun was shining and it was nearly 70 out there. Undoubtedly the technicians were taking the day off!

15 comments:

Lulu said...

Darling is looking great!!! Get those heels down and quiet her hands and I bet you won't recognize her!! ;)

froglander said...

Sandy looked very noble and Darling did great!

And I thought you and City Boy did good too, letting her go in the bareback class. I knew a Pony Club mom who practically couldn't breathe while her daughter was out jumping a course.

Lady Of Chaos said...

Whoo Hooo!!! Congrats Darling and Sandy! Looking good out there and best of all she looked like she was having fun!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh what a joy that was to watch!!! I loooved loved showing at that age - so much fun and excitement. she has a lovely seat and what a doll!!! Huge Congratulations!!!
Sarah

gtyyup said...

Fantastic Darling & Sandy!! It brought tears to my eyes...that was me 35-40 years ago!! What a great pair you two are!

Mrs. Mom said...

Go Darling and Sandy!!! Proud of ALL y'all!!!

jane augenstein said...

Tracey, great video and pictures! Congratulations to Darling and Sandy!!! They looked great out there in the show ring, what fun. They make a great team!!!
Jane and Gilly

Pony Girl said...

That little Mustang did so good for her! I was really impressed. She did so well in the bareback- I could not post that trot, wow! ;) So, Darling is only in the 11-14 age bracket and makes those amazing videos? Holy cow!

Tracey said...

Thank you all. Darling did indeed have a terrific time. And of course you've all witnessed the bonding that's gone on between the two of them over the past few months. They're going to be the dynamic duo!

Pony Girl; she turned 15 in January, but the cut off for ages is January 1, so she still rides in the 14 & under classes this year. Lucky her, since it's her first year competing! But yeah...she's just a little movie-making twit!

Blackfeatherfarm said...

So fun to watch, what a charming little pair, they just "go together."

Jeanette said...

How cool is that! The first season of showing is SOOOO exciting!
What got all the horses in a snit? I think it was green horse english pleasure - Sandy kept his cool...Nice Job!
I'd wager the other horses in those classes had way more time under saddle and look at Sandy, kind hearted and steady! Impressive!!!

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

What a great job they did! And I can totally see why they won the green horse class, wow! You must be so proud of both of them.

Shirley said...

Darling and Sandy do indeed make a great team, but kudos to you, my dear, on the wonderful job you did on Sandy.

photogchic said...

Way to go Darling!! Congrats on all your placings...and even a 1st!! Good job. You looked fabulous and Sandy looked so regal...what a team!

Gecko said...

Congrats to Darling! The photos look great! The different discipline would've been tricky!?