Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I Just Can't Figure It Out...

Looking through the photos I've taken the past few days and all I find are spots... Why do you suppose that is?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mustang U is hosting a name the filly contest over on Facebook this week if y'all want to get in on the fun!

Yesterday I didn't have my camera with me, or I'd have had other images to share. Images of a certain orange fluffy cat climbing out of my trailer tack room after a nap, only to find he was 20 miles from home...and only 1 mile (at best) from the Canadian Border! Yup. Sent Darling out to close the tack room door when I saw she'd left it open earlier in the day, and like a good girl, she did just that. Of course, Norman had slipped inside and was all curled up who knows where. So while Darling and I took a (short) ride, Norman had to wait for us in the cab of the truck. Needless to say, he was one happy kitty by the time we pulled into the driveway back home!

10 comments:

Crystal said...

Too cute! And funny about the cat, I can totally see that happening.

Paint Girl said...

I bet you are having a blast taking pictures of that new baby!!
Oh, Norman! Why do cats do such silly things! We have one cat that you have to really watch for too, she has almost left in my farrier's truck before!

jane augenstein said...

What a cute baby she is, love the last picture shaking her head and the wrinkled ear! Too cute!!!

Judy said...

The little filly is just darling and she looks like she is full of spunk!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Love paints and love the spots on pictures. She is just too adorable for words.

Jeni said...

Funny cat!!! I would have LOVED to see the look on his face!

Tracey how tall do you think the filly will be? I'm just curious. Momma doesn't look all that tall.

Tracey said...

Well, it's just so good to know that y'all don't mind seeing spots!

And yes...the cat, Norman...is a nut.

Jeni, Momma isn't too tall. I'd guess 13.3 or 14. Hard saying what baby will end up being, but I'd venture to say taller than her mother. There were several little mares huddled around Momma at the corrals; we're guessing her offspring, daughters or maybe granddaughters. They weren't too big, either, but they were taller than she is.

Despite her lack of legs, her body is good sized and stout. I'd expect her to be able to carry an adult without trouble, providing it wasn't a heavy person or climbing the mountain all day.

Shirley said...

You've got the baby bug! The second pic is really good. Canadian border where??

Tracey said...

Shirley, just below Abbostford, BC. As the crow flies, we're awfully close.

Pony Girl said...

Love the last photo, with the silly ears!! :)