Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gotta Love the Lighting

Darling and Sandy were out for a ride in the evening sun. Doesn't Sandy look good? All nice and shiny and filled out. Hard to believe what a scruffy thing he was when we brought him home.

We've not had much riding time of late. In fact, I believe it's been nearly a month since I've saddled up my boy. Darling took a tumble off Sandy, and the rule is, if you fall off you buy a new helmet before climbing back on. Well...we didn't have much time for helmet buying what with the fair and then the trip to pick up horses, so Darling began riding with my helmet. And that meant I was grounded.

This past weekend we went shopping at the Bony Pony, though, and picked her up a new one, and let me tell you, she's riding in style! Lookin' mighty fine, that girl and her pony. And perhaps I'll be able to squeeze in a ride or two now as well.

7 comments:

PaintCrazy said...

Uh...riding in style in the new helmet but you cut off her head in the picture?? LOL! Can we SEE the new helmet too?

I have the same rule about helmets - they also aren't allowed to sit in a hot trailer or car.

And yes, Sandy looks awesome!

Danielle Barlow said...

They do look lovely! Umm, ... been meaning to get a new helmet for some time now - had several tumbles in mine!

Tracey said...

Okay, I cheated...the photo was taken before the helmet was purchased! Bad, bad me...

Yes, DB, go get a new helmet! An absolute must.

photogchic said...

His neck looks so filled out. He looks fantastic.

Paint Girl said...

Sandy looks fantastic!! Look at that shiny coat!
I was thinking of the same thing as Paint Crazy, new helmet and you cut her head out? Now I understand, reading your comment back! LOL!!

CTG Ponies said...

Glad to hear that you have a helmet rule!!! I always wear one and I keep the cracked one from where my head smacked the ground as a reminder. Had a concussion but didn't get knocked out. What kind of helmet did she get?

Tracey said...

Gina, she got another Troxel. She likes it.