Monday, December 17, 2007

This message brought to you by Reality...

Just seven days left until Christmas!

Yeah, me neither. That is what you said, right? That you're not ready?


I've come to the conclusion that I just can't work more than two horses a day when it's cold and wet outside. Maybe can't isn't the right word. Don't want to may be more appropriate. I don't like working in the cold and the wet. I prefer sitting inside with a cup of hot cocoa.

The gelding, who's name shall apparently be called Frisco (originally Alladin), has found a home. They're not sure when they'll be able to haul him home, but they do plan on bringing him some feed so he can begin to transition into their feeding program. This means that aside from a scratch on the face as I walk through and clean, I really don't have to worry about how much time I spend with him. Of course, he's still taking up space that could be used for a few tight circles when mounting up again on Jet, but with any luck it won't be for much longer.

I'm itching to climb into the saddle again. I'm hoping to talk some folks into going for a trail ride with me down at the tree farm. I'm pretty sure Jet will be fine, but going with a group of seasoned horses, or even just a couple, not only provides me with a back up if I do get hurt, but gives Jet a bit of moral support so that she knows there's really nothing to be frightened of. Better safe than sorry on those first few trips out.

Here's a video I thought I'd share with you. It's called Sermon on the Mount and is by Ted Noland, one of the Extreme Mustang Makeover trainers. He's starting a five year old mare in the video. Sound is probably a good thing at your end or you won't really be able to follow along. Funny how videos work that way, eh?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your vidio pases, when I was whaching it you might whant to fix it ,but i whached it all and it is cool.