Friday, April 23, 2010

Six Boring Minutes

Pony Girl requested a video of me riding the big red mare. Yesterday I was down for a lesson and since there was a bit of time on the camera before the battery ran out of juice, I did just that.

On Tuesday when I went down to ride her, she was pretty excited. Moreso than she'd been the past couple of rides, and since time was limited for me I simply walked and stopped and walked and stopped. Okay...so I threw in a little jog in a figure 8, but since she immediately went to crow hopping and wanting to lope, it was back to the walk.

I wasn't sure what to expect from her yesterday, but since there weren't horses tied to the wall waiting their turn at the bull (which had been running outdoors the previous ride), she was a much quieter horse.

So I give you six and a half minutes of boredom. Wasn't boring while I was on, but if you can make it through this without falling asleep, then kudos to you! I did keep in a little bit of her pulling and pushing so you can see us working at simply standing and relaxing. Take note of how massive this mare is when she's coming toward the camera...I swear my hips hurt when I sit on her! And maybe I ought to have dropped the stirrups on Curt's saddle before riding? May have felt a little better!



Of course, I have to share Sandy's latest accomplishments, too! We picked the pace back up a bit, so I'm needing to get him to think about stopping a bit faster at his ends, but that stuff in the middle? When he's nose to nose with the hydra bull? That's my boy! Far more exciting than the big red mare...


4 comments:

Leah Fry said...

You're right, the Sandy video is a bit more exciting.

I need to get out more: I've never seen a little "cow car" like that before!!

Anonymous said...

I love to watch your boy nose-to-nose with the cow. I t looks like fun to ride, too!

strivingforsavvy said...

I'd take 6 boring minutes on my young mare any day!!

JJ said...

Just wanted to say hi and tell you that I really enjoy reading your blog :)