Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sunshine!


This is why we suffer through months of wet torture...the sun was out and it was a simply stunning day! Snow still sits up upon the hills in the distance, the sky is blue and the air is fresh and warm. Perfect for a day outside in the outdoor arena!



This was Sandy's first trip into the outdoor arena. I led him around the rail when we first entered, then turned him loose to play. He stood there and wondered what he was supposed to do, so I swung the end of the lead a few times. He finally began to trot around me, but wasn't too excited. A few cars, trucks and even motorcycles went past without rattling him. Curt came out after a little while and did a bit of whistling as Sandy circled me on the lunge line. He never did snort, but looked at Curt with some doubt and side stepped to avoid him. After a few minutes he relaxed and trotted past without much concern.


After a while I turned him loose again. This time he tried a little harder to play, took a few strides of lope and did a half hearted buck, but it wasn't long before he was waiting to see what I had in store next.


'Next' turned out to be a photo session, where I asked him to trot a little more, but he didn't really want to play and instead came up and asked if perhaps the camera were a giant horse cookie.


Curt has commented more than once how smart this horse is and quickly he picks things up and wants to please. He introduces me as a 'Mustanger' to all his friends; a title I happily accept. I'm thinking before we head to Sacramento I may just have Curt a Mustanger as well!


Join the Hay Burner's Club and donate $15 towards Sandy's upkeep and I'll send you a 5x7 photo (once the horse is here, of course.) Or buy advertising space in the form of a button.

2 comments:

Pony Girl said...

I bet Sandy enjoyed that warm sun...we had it too, the horses just soaked it up and were feeling a bit lazy today because of it. I think we soaked it up ourselves, I got a little sunburn! ;) Can't complain, though...

Midlife Mom said...

Hey Tracey thanks for stopping by! Glad you learned about something new, the hair receivers, always fun to learn something different. Have been reading your last few posts and am hooked! Will be back! Take care!