Monday, October 27, 2008

The Great Mystery...Part 2

Read Part 1 Here

I'd spent the better part of the weekend wondering just what I was going to do with Quiet Storm once I got her home. I emailed friends and acquaintances, explaining that I was running low on marital lives around here and pleading with them to consider taking Quiet Storm, if not permanently, then at least stash her for me so that City Boy didn't know what I'd done.

On Monday I received a call from Debi, laughing about my marital life status and saying that she could hide the little mustang at her place for me. Major relief, and just in the nick of time as I was to pick Quiet Storm up late that afternoon. Because it was getting dark, we decided it best to wait until Tuesday to haul her down to Deb's place.

By Tuesday morning, Debi was thinking maybe Quiet Storm would make a nice pony for her granddaughters. When I arrived, she had her daughter pull out a light weight Wintec saddle and hop on. You can guess what happened next, can't you?

Nothing.



Quiet Storm and Deb's oldest granddaughter

We're talking Quiet Storm, so of course nothing happened! She was just sweet, cute as a bug and completely at ease. And Deb fell under her spell. "How much do you want for her?" Oh, please...just love her and give her a good home was my reply, and the deal was done. No need to worry. Debi now had two of my former charges...Quiet Storm and Mist (FC) living in her pasture.

Deb and her daughter put me to work riding a few of their horses over the next hour or two, and it was getting late when I arrived home. I tossed hay into my horses and figured I'd leave the cleaning until tomorrow.

Imagine my surprise when, on Wednesday morning, I walked around to corner to find an aborted fetus laying on the stall floor...

To Be Continued...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you better hurry up with Part 3, the suspense is killing me!

I'm glad Quiet Storm has found a great place to hang her hat!

Lady Of Chaos said...

I know, I know, I know!!! Okay, okay, I won't give the ending away...

I think it's so cool that QS found a home that obviously loves her. Wish I had had the room, but you'll just have to find Kissy another little mustang to love. :)

Katee said...

Oh, I hope this is the happy ending to Quiet Storm's story! This is the mustang that started this whole adventure...she deserves the BEST.

Tracey said...

Grandma and Mom are scolding me for leaving them in suspense here, lol!

LOC, shhhhh.... And you bet I'll find one for Kissy! Let me know when you're ready.

Lea and her Mustangs said...

So part 3 better come soon. Nikki will come up and choke it out of you. I am so glad QS found a great home.

Anonymous said...

Nice try and making me your heavy Mom, not sure I'll choke you but I'm waiting....... tap tap tap

Tracey said...

Impatient, aren't we!

Anonymous said...

tap tap tap....... sigh, in the time it took you to read and reply Tracey you could have written it!