Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sensational Changes


A lovely couple stopped by today to visit with Flirt.  I must admit that when I first placed an ad for her, that I bawled when the first person called.  A second email came in hot on the heels of that call...and I pulled the ad down.  

Truth be told, Flirt is getting too tall for a cutting horse.  Beautiful, fluid mover.  But she's not got the hard stop and rocking over the hock action I've got in Tika.  And did I mention tall?  She'll end up 15.2 to 16 hands without a doubt.  So I knew I'd sell her come next spring, but I'd thought I'd at least have some time with her under saddle.  That's half the fun of it, right?  Unwrapping the package to find out exactly what your mustang will do, then finding the home that matches?

So the ad came down and I pondered my dilemma.  I couldn't justify keeping her if I was only going to sell her anyway, but emotionally I was struggling.  She had to have the perfect home.   

Then a friend posted something on facebook.  She'd begun to once again look at the BLM photos, and her significant other was calling her an addict.  But she knew she needed a good, solid horse for him, and hey, who can blame her for becoming a mustang addict?  Plus, her man's horse had been struggling for some time with coffin bone issues, and they'd just found out she'd never be sound.  He'd need a nice, tall horse for trail riding.

Now, to me it seemed a no brainer.  Hello?  I've got one here!  She's gentled, she's tall, and I always knew she'd make a better husband horse than Oz.  So I just happened to mention it, out loud, on facebook, yesterday.  And today they came, they saw, and they messaged me this afternoon to say YES!!!

And so my Sensational Flirt is going south a bit to live with a mustang named Chance, and another mustang named Rio, and a certain blogger we all know and love name Paint Girl.  And I couldn't be happier.  

5 comments:

Paint Girl said...

Oh Tracey!! Thank you so much!! I think we knew she was "the one" before we arrived at your place, but we just had to see her in person to make that final decision. We both fell in love with her and she is going to have the most fantastic home here! Plus, we don't live that far away and you can see her anytime and when she is super broke, come ride her!! I think she is going to be perfect for my OH!! He can't stop smiling. So even though we received bad news about Fritzy this week, we now have good news! Flirt is just lovely and exactly what we were looking for.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Even though I've never met any of you, it's fun to see one blogger's horse find a perfect home with another blogger - and be able to follow her journeys.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Yay! This makes it easier on you, knowing the people who will be owning, riding and caring for the horse that's so hard to let go. I have a horse that isn't a fit for me, but have been avoiding putting her up for sale in an ad. I know someone who wants her, but I have to wait until she graduates from college before she can own a horse. I'm thinking I'll just wait, because I know that gal and that horse are a perfect fit and my horse would be happy to be with her.

cdncowgirl said...

Paint Girl needs to change her name to Mustang Girl ;)

SheMovedtoTexas said...

Oh good! That sounds like an ideal situation for her - it's always hard to send them to a stranger.