Saturday, July 23, 2011

Waaa...HOOOO!!!!

City Boy and I went to see Buck, the movie, tonight. I was worried... I'd been told by a few people that they'd seen my name in the credits, but hadn't spotted the photo I'd said would be in it. How had that happened?

So with a wee bit of apprehension I sat in the dark theater, prepared to enjoy the movie even if I didn't spot my photo. I munched on popped corn and forgot to share it with City Boy. I drank my soda. And I was drawn in instantly. What a spectacular film!

And then out of nowhere I was blindsided! What was I seeing? A black and white shot, a loading ramp with horses coming down, and who was that? That wasn't Henry, the roan. That was...that was...QUIET STORM!

Photobucket

Now, mind you, this is the photo they'd wanted, but I couldn't find the full resolution original, so I sent them one of Henry, thinking it was similar enough. But in watching the film I realized just why they wanted Quiet Storm...they were talking about yearlings unloading, and this photo fit with the story line.

How lucky am I? Truly...nothing more than dumb luck to have someone go digging back through three or four years of blog posts to come across a yearling unloading. Well...I'll take it, thank you very much! Dumb luck is better than no luck at all, eh?

Now, y'all check and see where the movie is playing and go see it. You will not be disappointed.

9 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

Well done you! I`d love to see the film, no doubt it will arrive over here eventually!

Anonymous said...

Very cool - I'm trying to see it next week.

Shirley said...

It's not playing around here yet, we'll probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD. That's great that you get a photo credit!

Michelle said...

We saw it a few weeks ago. It was well worth the $5 ticket (and $20 popcorn). =)

Linda said...

I saw it--loved it, of course. I didn't see that photo though because I forgot to look for it. I'm going to buy the DVD and then I'll look again. That's too cool!! I'm going to see him in person at a clinic this coming Friday.

Mikey said...

Super cool!! I have to go see this movie.

Reddunappy said...

I got to see it! and meet Buck personally!!!! He is such a nice man! He has huge hands!!! LOL (he shook mine, and signed my books)
I enjoyed the movie, inspiring, disturbing, funny. I would love to attend one of his clinics.

gtyyup said...

Very cool Tracy...congrats!! So far, it's not scheduled to play in Burns...I did put in a request though. Probably have to wait for it to come out on DVD.

Leah Fry said...

I think I may have missed it here. It wasn't playing anywhere that was at all convenient. I'll keep looking, though. I may have to wait for the DVD also.