Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sandy and the Bull

There's nothing better than a photograph of yourself to send you straight to the kitchen in search of foods that are not good for you. The chips were stale, so I decided to eat the Rolo's for a pre breakfast teaser.

Sandy and I hauled down to Curt's for a lesson. I had Darling come along because we've been working outside in the sunshine, and I knew she could get some good shots. But the track which the bull sticks to had been turned up, and Curt had us inside. So I'll blame the fact that you can't tell that I've lost ten pounds, that I'm leaning forward, and that my toes are definitely not up on the poor lighting. Sound good to you?





You have no idea just how hard it is to get this wild horse to work on a warm day! I'm pooped. Sandy worked up a sweat, too.

Curt sent us home with dry work assignment...dry work is when you haven't got the cow. And he says it's time for Sandy to grow up...which means putting some spurs on my heels. Sandy's a bit sluggish and isn't wanting to move off my legs, so spurs were always in the plans. I rode with them yesterday and it was amazing the difference one little poke in the rib cage makes!

It'll be a couple of weeks before I can get down there for another lesson, and hopefully by then we can correct some of the flaws we've got now. Toes up, heels down. Sit in the center of my saddle and slouch like an old cowboy. Lose 10 more pounds...

8 comments:

Callie said...

LOL, I think you look great! Keep up the good work! Sandy's happy!

Mrs. Mom said...

Hot Dayum Tracey! City Boy gonna have a tough time keeping up with you huh? LOL...

You guys look great out there!!!

PS- Eat a Rollo for me...lol

Pony Girl said...

Stop with the 10 lbs...you look fabulous! ;)

A little spurs never hurt anyone....just call them your little silver motivators! hee!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. Love your pix. I think you look mighty good on that horse.

Gecko said...

Yep that sounds good, LOL! Don't worry about it, I don't like hearing people say they've lost weight/need to loose weight when they obviously don't need to...you look just right!!!

And Sandy is looking great too, hehe!

photogchic said...

You look fantastic Tracey and Sandy looks like quite the cow horse. Ummm...Rollos.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good job! You guys look great, and I can tell you've lost 10lbs! :)
Oh, and I had to use spurs with my Kiger gelding... sluggish is a nice way to put it. ;)

Shirley said...

Next thing you know, you and Sandy are going to be headed for cutting competitions! Isn't it fun? Hope you can get to working real cows soon!